Automotive Body Repair (Evening Class)
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Evening
Duration 10 weeks
Start date Multiple available
Course enquiry form
This 10-week programme is intended to provide insight into vehicle body repair processes used within the automotive industry. Participants will gain an understanding of body panel repair and preparation processes used within the automotive repair sector. You will undertake a range of repair methods on a variety of vehicles and body panels and gain a practical understanding of repair techniques. There may also be an opportunity to carry out minor body repairs on your own vehicles.
What you will learn
- Skills in vehicle body panel repair and preparation
How the course is assessed
- Continual assessment by workshop observation
- There is no formal examination for this course
Number of days per week
- 1 evening per week for 10 weeks
- No formal entry requirements
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Option to study Automotive Paint and Refinishing (Evening Class)
- Option to apply for a full-time programme
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.