Milton Road Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Full time
Start date Multiple available
Choose your study options
Course enquiry form
Are you looking to further develop a career within Baking or Patisserie - then the NC in Bakery could be the course for you.
This course will give you the opportunity to develop the skills required to work within the Bakery or Patisserie industry includes, including bread making, patisserie and food hygiene.
You will be supported and encouraged by College lecturers to seek work experience in the industry. This will give you essential and first-hand experience in the baking industry.
There may be opportunities for you to take part in a programme of visits to bakeries/patisseries/restaurants and we work closely with many industry partners to provide guest speaker sessions and opportunities for you to meet with and talk to employers.
What you will learn
- Craft Baking
- Prepare and Produce Dough Products
- Prepare Food Products for Retail Sale
- Food Hygiene for the Hospitality Industry
How the course is assessed
- Open book
- Closed book
- Portfolio work
- Practical observations
Number of days per week
- 3 to 4 days per week
- NPA Bakery level 4
- Applicants who do not have the relevant entry qualifications but have relevant experience or alternative qualifications will be considered
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You will be invited into the College to attend an information session/interview - there will be opportunities for you to speak to a member of the lecturing team on an individual basis.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5 or above
Progression and Articulation Routes
- SVQ in Professional Cookery (Patisserie and Confectionery) at SCQF Level 7
- Bakery assistant
- Pastry chef
- Assistant Baker
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Milton Road Campus||Full time||01/01/01|
|Granton Campus||Full time||29/08/22||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.