Beauty Cosmetics NC
Campus Milton Road Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Full time
Duration 19 weeks
Course enquiry form
This new beauty cosmetics course is a perfect introduction to the beauty industry. You will gain knowledge, understanding and essential practical skills in manicure, gel polish application, eyelash tinting and shaping, brow artistry, brow lamination and spray tanning.
We have designed this course due to industry demand for these services.
Edinburgh College is the first flagship Vocational Training Charitable Trust (VTCT) College in Scotland. Training at Edinburgh College will enhance your employability prospects as we have an exceptional standard of facilities and highly qualified lecturers. You will work in our salons and studios providing a realistic industry environment. This training will give you valuable practical experience and is a stepping stone towards a fulfilling career as a beauty therapist. You will undertake vital employment experience in our evening salons.
- Some theory will be delivered online - you will be required to have access to IT to enable you to complete this part of the course e.g. laptop, Pc, iPhone, Android phone
- There is an additional cost for course kit, uniforms and books which must be purchased prior to starting the course. A bursary may cover this.
We also ask all students to adhere to the COVID safety procedures for the department as follows:
- FFP2 masks must be worn at all times in the department (unfortunately due to this close contact service there are no exemptions)
If you are interested in being a model for our students or want to try out our star facilities before beginning your studying journey, simply book in for a treatment. Check out our price list here!
What you will learn
- Eye Enhancements - Lash & Brow Tinting, Brow tweezing using manual and automatic tweezers, Cluster & Strip lashes application - SCQF Level 6
- Manicure - SCQF Level 5
- Brow Artistry (ABT Accredited)
- Brow Lamination (ABT Accredited)
- Lash Lifting (ABT Accredited)
- Spray Tan Application (ABT Accredited)
- There is no work placement requirement for this course however you will gain vital employment experience in our employability salons
- Please note this is a mandatory requirement for the course
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed on your occupational competence along with SQA assessments.
- All practical assessments are carried out on paying clients within our salons.
- A lot of the theory aspects of the course are carried out online.
Number of days per week
- 2 days per week (9-4 pm)
All applicants must be 16 years of age or older before the start date of the course and must hold:
- 3 National 4 qualifications
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
All successful applicants will be invited on campus for a face to face interview which will include:
- Written questions relating to the course and your goals and experience and
- A Skill Test
- The formal interview has scoring criteria based on - communication skills at the interview, along with the Skills Test
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- NC Level 5/6 Beauty Therapy
- Edinburgh College short courses in Beauty skills
- Enter employment in the Beauty industry
- Work as part of a team within the Beauty industry
- Further your skills in Beauty Aesthetics with further CPD courses
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Milton Road Campus||Full time||24/01/22||19 Weeks|
College Open Days 2022
If you are considering applying for a full-time course please join us for one of our open events.
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.