Beauty Make Up Aesthetics (SCQF Level 6)
Campus Granton Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
This exciting course will provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to work within the beauty and make-up sector.
The course is suited to individuals who wish to learn a variety of units within the Hair, Makeup and Beauty sector. Allowing time to explore and understand each skill and a variety of techniques. The course covers a variety of treatments and services that are currently popular in the Beauty and Aesthetic industry. You will learn skills in eye enhancements, lash extensions, lash lifting and brow lamination, along with techniques in manicure, nail art and gel polish application, skin care and waxing. The course also includes fantasy make-up and hair and event planning to explore your creative side and to work towards creating a portfolio of work.
Edinburgh College is the first flagship Vocational Training Charitable Trust (VTCT) College in Scotland. Training at Edinburgh College will enhance your employability prospects as we have an exceptional standard of facilities and highly qualified lecturers. You will work in our salons and studios providing a realistic industry environment. This training will give you valuable practical experience and is a stepping stone towards a fulfilling career as a beauty therapist or make-up artist. You will undertake vital employment experience in our evening salons.
Please note, there is an additional cost for course kits, uniforms and books which must be purchased prior to starting the course. A bursary may cover this
If you are interested in being a model for our students or want to try out our star facilities before beginning your studying journey, simply book in for a treatment.
What you will learn
- Skin Care (ABT Certificated)
- Contemporary Eye Treatments
- Eye Enhancements
- Contemporary Make-up
- Airbrush Makeup Application (ABT Accredited)
- Fantasy Make-Up and Hair
- Nail Art
- Gel Polish Application (ABT Certificated)
- Lash lifting Aesthetics (ABT Accredited)
- Spray Tanning (ABT Certificated)
- Brow Lamination (ABT Certificated)
- Event Planning
- There is no work placement requirement for this course however you will gain vital employment experience at our evening employability salon
- Please note this is a mandatory requirement for the course
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed on your occupational competence along with SQA assessments and e-assessments.
- All practical assessments are carried out on paying clients within our salons.
- The theory aspects of the course are carried out online and on campus
Number of days per week
- 3 days per week (9-4 pm) plus one evening (4:30 – 8:00 pm)
- All applicants must be 16 years of age or older before the start date of the course
- A minimum of three National 5 OR a Level 2 Makeup, Hair or Beauty related courses or equivalent (external Makeup courses)
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
As part of the course application, you will be invited to attend an information session with our lecturing team, to hear about the course in person. In the evening you will be given a small task working in pairs along with a formal interview.
The formal interview has a scoring criterion based on presentation and communication skills at the interview.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Beauty Care NC Level 6
- Makeup Artistry
- Beauty Industry
- Makeup Consultant
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.