Beauty Therapy HNC
Campus Milton Road Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 7
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
Beauty HNC is designed to enhance your beauty therapy skills. Equipped with a more advanced skillset you will be well prepared to develop your passion for beauty therapy by progressing to a more technical level. You will learn therapeutic skills and knowledge through performing a variety of advanced beauty treatment plans including holistic therapies to meet industry requirements.
Gain hands-on experience through working in our Employability Salon and The Treatment Lounge with the high-end product company, Elemis, and enhance your employability prospects even further. Training at Edinburgh College will ensure you are fully prepared for progression towards a wide range of salon and spa environments by assessing you in different methods; from your work experience with clients and case studies to oral presentation skills. You will be provided with up to date training in new innovations and techniques with leading product manufacturers from representatives in the beauty industry.
- All theory will be delivered online - you will be required to have access to IT to enable you to complete this part of the course e.g. laptop, Pc, iPhone, Android phone
- There is an additional cost for course kit uniforms and books which must be purchased prior to starting the course.
- It is mandatory that you bring in models for practice and assessment purposes.
If you are interested in being a model for our students or want to try out our star facilities before beginning your studying journey, simply book in for a treatment. Check out our price list here!
What you will learn
- Human Anatomy and Physiology for Beauty and Complementary Therapists
- Beauty Therapy: Graded Unit 1
- Beauty Therapy: Product Knowledge
- Face and Body Electrotherapy
- Beauty Therapy: Face and Body Treatment Packages
- Beauty Therapy: Professional Salon Skills
- Spa Treatments
- Aromatherapy Massage
- At HNC level we expect all students to be in part-time employment within the beauty industry
- Students will also gain work experience in our Employability salons as part of the course.
- Please note employment experience are mandatory aspects of the course.
How the course is assessed
- All practical assessments are carried out on paying clients within our salons.
- The theoretical aspects of the course are carried out under exam conditions
Number of days per week
- 3 days per week (9 am-4 pm)
- 1 evening per week (4:30 pm -8 pm)
- All applicants must hold an NC Level 6 Beauty Care qualification or equivalent
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- All applicants will be required to complete a reflective essay - word count 1000 – this piece of work will be scored
- Thereafter successful applicants will be invited to attend an online interview to discuss the reflective essay, why they wish to further their studies to HNC, progress to date and suitability for progression
- The formal interview has a scoring criterion based on presentation and communication skills along with the written task
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- You will be fully qualified to work within the Beauty industry as a senior beauty therapist or salon manager.
- Year 2 BSc (Hons) Integrative Healthcare Conditions at University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI).
- Senior beauty therapist
- Salon manager
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Milton Road Campus||Full time||30/08/21||41 Weeks|
College Open Days 2022
If you are considering applying for a full-time course please join us for one of our open events.
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.