BIIAB Scottish Certificate for Personal License Holders
Campus Granton Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Part time
Course enquiry form
This course is aimed at people who wish to become a Personal Licence Holder of Licensed Premises and are responsible for selling alcoholic beverages on a daily basis in both On Sales and Off Sales premises.
This is a statutory requirement for the new Scottish Licensing Act 2005 (The new licensing laws came into effect from September 2009).
- This mandatory qualification is for all people working within the Licensed Trade and who are responsible for the supervising and dispensing of all alcohol.
- This course is run in collaboration with, and certificated by, the British Institute of Innkeepers Awarding Body.
The 5 licensing objectives are:
- Preventing crime and disorder
- Securing Public Safety
- Preventing public nuisance
- Protecting children from harm
- Protecting and improving public health
This course is suitable for all those persons working in On Sales and Off Sales licensed premises including, pubs, clubs, leisure centres, supermarkets, and off licences. This course covers all the new licensing laws that will be required when applying for a new alcohol license, with this qualification is recognised by the local Edinburgh Licensing Board.
What you will learn
- Scottish Licensing Law as defined in the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 and issues surrounding social responsibility within the licensed retail sector from the perspective of personal licence holders.
- The Licensing Act (Scotland) 2005 sets out 5 high level licensing objectives. These represent the principles on which the Scottish licensing system will be based and provides the Licensing Board with a solid foundation on which to build local policies.
How the course is assessed
- The exam will take place on the day of the course.
- The examination for the SCPLH lasts 60 minutes and consists of 40 multi choice questions drawn from the assessment criteria.
- In order to pass the exam candidates must answer at least 28 out of 40 questions correctly.
Number of days per week
- This is a one day course 8.30am till 4.00pm
- The cost for this course it: £151.00
- This course is for people who wish to become a Personal Licence Holder of Licensed Premises and are responsible for selling alcoholic beverages on a daily basis in both On Sales and Off Sales premises.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- All delegates will be issued with a home study pack approximately 2 weeks prior to the course start date. This helps delegates to prepare for the exam and it is essential you read the contents of the handbook before doing the course.
- Please note: exam papers need to be ordered well in advance which means bookings must be made at least two weeks before a course.
English Proficiency Requirements·All candidates must have a good level of communication. If English is a second language, evidence of English language testing to level 5.5 IELTS must be provided.
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Granton Campus||Part time||06/10/23||0 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.