British Sign Language (BSL) Introduction
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 3
Study mode Evening
Duration 10 weeks
Course enquiry form
This is a ten-week evening course that gives attendees an introduction to British Sign Language (BSL) and Deaf Awareness. It is aimed at family, friends, health professionals and carers of those with hearing impairments. The course includes additional self-study time on our online platform Moodle with access to resources and videos to consolidate learning.
Course fee: £159
Please note that, if you are eligible, it is possible to use an ITA towards the cost of the course. See the following link for details: https://www.myworldofwork.co.uk/learn-and-train/sds-individual-training-accounts-ita
What you will learn
Topics covered will include:
- Exchanging information
- Everyday phrases
- Locations and directions
How the course is assessed
- SQA assessment at the end of the course: 'British Sign Language: an introduction.
Number of days per week
- Tuesdays for 10 weeks with a choice of 2 time slots:
- Group A: 5.15- 6.45 pm
- Group B: 7.15- 8.45 pm
- The course will start on Tuesday 26th September and finish on Tuesday 12th December 2023
- Price: £159.
- The course can be funded by an ITA if you are eligible for one. See My World of Work for details.
- An interest in learning and better understanding BSL
Progression and Articulation Routes
- BSL Level 1
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Evening||26/09/23||10 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.