British Sign Language Level 1
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 4
Study mode Evening
Duration 12 weeks
Course enquiry form
This 30-hour evening class (20 hours on campus / 10 hours of additional self-study time of online materials including videos to consolidate learning) builds on the communication skills and vocabulary areas covered in the Introduction to BSL course, including topics such as family, occupations and hobbies. You will further develop your ability to take part in interactions using BSL.
Course fee: £212
Please note that, if you are eligible, it is possible to use an ITA towards the cost of the course. See the following link for details:
What you will learn
Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- communicate using straightforward BSL
- understand straightforward presentations in BSL
How the course is assessed
- SQA course assessments focussing on interaction and comprehension
Number of days per week
- Monday evenings: 6.30 to 8.30 pm
- This 10-week course will start on Monday 5 September and will finish on Monday 28 November (No class on 19/09, 10/10 and 17/10)
- Course fee: £212
- The course can be funded by an ITA if you are eligible for one. See My World of Work for details.
- Introduction to British Sign Language or equivalent
Progression and Articulation Routes
- British Sign Language Level 2
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Evening||05/09/22||12 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.