British Sign Language Level 2
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Evening
Duration 19 weeks
Course enquiry form
This course is aimed at students who have completed BSL Level 1 (SCQF 4).
The 50-hour course involves 40 hours on campus and 10 hours of additional self-study. Online materials including videos will be provided to consolidate learning.
The course will build on previous learning and support you to develop your BSL productive and receptive skills. The course will concentrate on building your confidence and integrating these skills in a range of real-life situations.
- Communicate using detailed BSL
- Understand detailed presentation in BSL
- Present information in BSL
Course fee: £212
Please not that this course is now full, but you can contact Karen Hennys (Karen.Hennys@edinburghcollege.ac.uk) if you'd like to be put on our waiting list.
What you will learn
- Increased vocabulary on topic areas
- BSL grammar and structure
- Presentation skills
- Deaf culture and history
- Topics may include:
- Personal identity
- Current affairs
- Social environments
- Physical environments
- Health and wellbeing
How the course is assessed
- Continuous assessment of your skills will take place throughout the course.
- Formal assessment will involve face to face discussion, understanding information provided and making a short presentation in BSL.
Number of days per week
- Monday evenings: 6.30 to 9.00 pm
- This 16-week course will start on Monday 22nd January and will finish on Monday 3rd June 2024.
- Course fee: £212
- British Sign Language Level 1 (SCQF 4)
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Evening||22/01/24||19 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.