Built Environment NC
Campus Granton Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
Built Environment NC is an entry level course designed to teach you a basic understanding of the technical aspects in the construction industry. You will study full-time at Edinburgh College's Granton campus developing valuable skills in planning, evaluation, problem solving, research and analysis. These skills are transferable and will benefit you in future employment or study.
The Full time will mean attending Edinburgh Colleges Granton campus three days per week over one academic year.
There will also be a number of sessions that will be delivered remotely via Microsoft Teams.
COVID impacts on the current delivery and presently all course materials and delivery are on line.
You will be taught by staff with extensive experience in the built environment industry. This course will encourage career progression and enhance your career prospects. This course can work as a steppingstone to further study in the built environment sector.
What you will learn
- Domestic Building Services
- Groundworks and Substructures
- Superstructures and Finishes
- Computer Aided Drawing (CAD)
- Construction Calculations
- Construction Materials
- Health and Safety
- Sustainable Design for Architecture
- Site Work
- Measurement and Costing
- Modern Methods of Construction
- Project Management
- Mechanics in Construction
- Built Environment Project
How the course is assessed
- You will be continually assessed throughout the course
- You will be tested on your theoretical and practical skills
Number of days per week
- Three days per week
- One pass in National 5 in Mathematics at grade c and above
- Level 1 Design, Engineer, Construct
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Built Environment HNC taught at Edinburgh College
- Apply for the Modern Apprenticeship Scheme
- Various entry level positions in the built environment industry
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Granton Campus||Full time||30/08/21||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.