Milton Road Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 7
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Choose your study options
Course enquiry form
This qualification provides learners with practical skills and theoretical knowledge that meet the needs of employers. The HNC in Business (SCQF level 7) develops knowledge and skills in areas such as business organisations.
This qualification covers areas such as Accounting for Business, Economic Issues, Managing People and Organisations, Marketing and Business Fundamentals with Emerging Technologies.
The course may be delivered using a blended learning model. This involves in-class lessons and some classes may be delivered online. You should have access to a PC, Desktop Computer or tablet.
What you will learn
- Accounting for Business
- Managing People & Organisations
- Business Fundamentals and Emergent Technologies
- Visual Communications
- Digital Marketing Communications
- Business Communication
How the course is assessed
Each subject will have different evidence requirements and approaches to assessment.
Some examples are provided below on the methods of assessments:
- Open Book
- Exam – Close book controlled
- Project-based assessments
Number of days per week
- 3 days per week
- Minimum of Two relevant Highers at Grade C or above and a minimum of four National 5s at Grade C or above in relevant subjects, these must include English or Maths or equivalent; subjects may include Business related subjects, Maths, English, Social and Science based subjects
- Relevant National Qualifications Group Award at SCQF level 6 or above
- Candidates will be considered on an individual basis
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You may be required to attend a group and/or individual interview and/or a skills check
English Proficiency RequirementsMinimum IELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
HNC can provide progression to degree-level study. For example, the HNC in Business allows direct entry into the second year of most degree programmes, and allows direct entry to most second year programmes.
Higher National qualifications also provide the knowledge and understanding required for related Scottish Vocational Qualifications (SVQs). For example, SVQ in Business and Administration.
- Assistant Business Manager
- Business Analyst
- Business Advisor
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Milton Road Campus||Full time||28/08/23||41 Weeks|
|Sighthill Campus||Full time||28/08/23||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.