Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 7
Study mode Full time
Duration 19 weeks
Course enquiry form
The demand for strong business-minded graduates is high and, through digital and social changes, the industry is ever-evolving. We aim to give you the skills you will need to thrive in your chosen career. Business HNC will give you the opportunity to study a variety of essential business-related subject areas including management, accounting, economics, marketing and finance. You will gain up-to-date industry knowledge and, upon completion, be fully prepared to study our Business HND or progress to a university level of study.
This is a fast-track course which will run from January till the end of June.
The course is delivered using a blended learning model, consisting of in-class and/or online delivery. You should have access to a PC, desktop computer or tablet. PCs are available in the college for student use.
What you will learn
- Managing People and Organisations
- Business Fundamentals with Emerging Technologies
- Accounting for Business: An Introduction
- Economic Issues: An Introduction
- Communication: Business Communication
- Marketing: An Introduction
- Business: Graded Unit 1
How the course is assessed
- Ongoing assessments throughout the course
- Business Graded Unit and Economic Issues have closed book end-of-unit assessments
Number of days per week
- Four to five days per week
- Minimum of 2 relevant Highers at C or above plus National 5 Mathematics/Numeracy or equivalent
- Successful completion of current level 6 course with a lecturer supporting reference
- Applications will be assessed on an individual basis
English Proficiency RequirementsMinimum IELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- HND Business
- Relevant degree at university (Options are available on the University Pathways Website)
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Full time||23/01/23||19 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.