Course enquiry form
This course is designed to prepare you for the Cambridge B2 First exam. The course covers the reading, writing, listening and speaking skills you will need for the test as well as relevant vocabulary and grammar.
Your tutor will have a discussion with you about whether you are ready to enter for the Cambridge exam upon completion of the course. The Cambridge B2 First exam is held in December and June in the College. You can request a confirmation of attendance letter upon completion of the course.
Please note that there will be no classes on the two days of the examination. The cost of the exam (approximately £100) is not included in the course fee. You will be expected to buy the course materials as specified by your tutor (approximately £45).
Preparation for Cambridge B2 First Evening Course Information
Preparation for Cambridge B2 First Part-Time Course Information
Preparation for Cambridge B2 First Full-Time Course Information
What you will learn
- Developing reading, writing, listening and speaking skills for the Cambridge B2 First exam
- Upper-intermediate grammar and vocabulary appropriate for B2 First Exam
How the course is assessed
- The course is internally assessed. It is possible to take the external Cambridge B2 First exam at the end of the course
Number of days per week
- 3 days for Full time, 17 hours
- 2 days for Part-time, 10 hours
- 2 evenings for Evening, 4 hours
- 2 days for online Part-time (subject to interest)
- Aged 16 years or over
- Meet the minimum language requirements of IELTS 4.5 or SQA ESOL National 4
- Your level of English will also be assessed in an interview at the College
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You will be invited for a test and interview where your language level and suitability for the course will be checked
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 4.5 or SQA ESOL National 4.
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Gain your Cambridge B2 First certificate then progress to the Cambridge C1 Advanced qualification
- Further study or employment
- Move to mainstream college courses
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration||Cost|
|Sighthill Campus||Full time||29/08/22||20 Weeks||
Come along to one of our Open Days this February to find out all you need to know about studying at Edinburgh College and the courses available to you.
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.