Course enquiry form
This course is designed to prepare you for the Cambridge C1 Advanced English test. The course covers the reading, writing, listening and speaking skills you will need for the test as well as relevant vocabulary and grammar.
Your tutor will have a discussion with you about whether you are ready to enter for the Cambridge exam upon completion of the course. The Cambridge C1 Advanced exam is held in December and June in the College. You can request a confirmation of attendance letter upon completion of the course.
Please note that there will be no classes on the two days of the examination. The cost of the exam (approximately £105) is not included in the course fee. You will be expected to buy the course materials as specified by your tutor (approximately £45).
What you will learn
- Developing reading, writing, listening and speaking skills for the the Cambridge C1 Advanced Exam
- Advanced grammar and vocabulary appropriate for the Cambridge C1 Advanced Exam
How the course is assessed
- This course is Internally assessed with the option to take the external Cambridge exam
Number of days per week
- 2 days for Part-time, 10 hours
- 2 evenings for Evening, 4 hours
- 2 evenings for Online Evening (subject to interest)
- Aged 16 years or over
- Pass at Cambridge B2 First or equivalent
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You will be invited for a test and interview where your language level and suitability for the course will be checked
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5/B2 First/National 5 B
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Gain your Cambridge C1 Advanced Certificate
- Progress to university/further study
- Progress to mainstream Edinburgh College courses or employment
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration||Cost|
|Sighthill Campus||Evening||30/08/22||15 Weeks||
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.