Certificate in Retail Fashion, Branding and Marketing Level 6
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Full time
Duration 20 weeks
Course enquiry form
This course is designed to give you the essential knowledge and skills which will enable you to continue your journey in the interesting areas of both fashion and retailing with a focus on customer service. Linking with the London Fashion Retail Academy, this is for people who enjoy being creative and working across many different areas of fashion and retail, looking at trends, and using the power of brands and marketing to see just what stimulates people to buy what they do and when they buy it! Looking at colours and seasons, seeing how visual communication and merchandising can make or break a business. On completion of the course, you will also achieve the National Progression Award in Customer Service at level 6
What you will learn
- Fashion Forecasting: An Introduction
- Fashion Merchandising: An Introduction
- Visual Merchandising
- Retail Buying
- Management of People and Finance
- Communication Skills for Customer Service
- Customer Service: Product and Service Requirements
- Social Media for Customer Service
How the course is assessed
The course is assessed on an ongoing basis through the following methods -
- Open book assessments
- Closed book assessments
- Practical observations
Number of days per week
- The course is delivered over 3 days
- A minimum of 4 National 5`s - one to be English at Grade 3 or above, 3 passes at SCQF level 5 or satisfactory completion of an appropriate NC course
- If you are a mature student we will take into account of previous skills and experience
- If you are a continuing student you should have passed all units on your previous level 5 course
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You will be invited to meet one of the team to discuss the course in more detail.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELT's 5.5 or equivalent
Progression and Articulation Routes
- After successful completion, this will also give you the National Progression Award in Customer Service which is included in this course.
- From there you can move on to HNC Retail (with Fashion), and from that, should you wish, you can move up to year two of the BA (Hons) degree in Fashion Branding and Promotion at Heriot-Watt University.
This first-line qualification will give you a firm grounding in the essential skills for working at the Sales Advisor level in any retail environment and although there is an emphasis on fashion, all areas of retail are touched on by the course thereby expanding your options in retail. We also aim to give you the skills to look towards advancing in your career to supervisor and beyond.
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Full time||23/01/23||20 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.