Certificate in Retail Fashion, Branding and Marketing
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Full time
Duration 19 weeks
Course enquiry form
This course is designed to give you the essential knowledge and skills which will enable you to start your journey in the interesting areas of both fashion and retailing. Linking with the London Fashion Retail Academy, this is for people who enjoy being creative and working across many different areas of fashion and retail, looking at trends, using the power of brands and marketing to see just what stimulates people to buy what they do and when they buy it! Looking at colours and seasons, seeing how visual communication and merchandising can make or break a business.
What you will learn
- Working in Retail
- Fashion Retailing
- Retail Fashion Industry
- Branding and Marketing
- Digitial Retailing
- Planning and Implementing a Retail Event
- Maintaining, Storing and Replenishing Stock
- Retailing: Satisfying Customer Needs
- There is am element of work placement embedded within this course
How the course is assessed
The course is assessed on an ongoing basis through the following methods -
- Open book assessments
- Closed book assessments
- Practical observations
Number of days per week
- The course is delivered over three days
- A group of Nat 4's or equivalent one of which should be English.
- If you do not meet this criteria but have relevant work experience we welcome your application.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You will be invited to meet one of the team to discuss the course in more detail.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELT's 5.5 or equivalent
Progression and Articulation Routes
- This course offers progression primarily to HNC Retail; however, it does open doors to other level 6 and HN courses within the college.
This first-line qualification and will give you a firm grounding in the essential skills for working at Sales Advisor level in any retail environment and although there is an emphasis on fashion, all areas of retail are touched on by the course thereby expanding your options in retail. We also aim to give you the skills to look towards advancing in your career to supervisor and beyond.
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Full time||24/01/22||19 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.