CIPD Certificate in People Practice QCF Level 3 (SCQF Level 6)
Campus OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Open learning
Duration 25 - 27 weeks
Choose your study options
Course enquiry form
Do you have the desire to develop yourself as a people professional? This qualification will build your knowledge, expertise and confidence to have an immediate impact at work. We understand the need to fit learning in with busy lives therefore this class is held in the evening, online. Real-life scenarios coupled with best practice learning will fully prepare you for making an impact in the world of Human Resources Management. This course is aimed at Human Resource or Learning and Development beginners starting their careers as HR or People Practice Assistants, Officers or Administrators or have a People Practice role within an SME. Many of our students have worked in HR for some time but are keen to understand best practices and professional approaches within the current legal framework.
You will develop your skills and knowledge to become an effective human resource practitioner; you will learn how to design, deliver and evaluate effective and relevant learning and development activities. This is a professionally recognised qualification and, upon successful completion, you will automatically become an Associate Professional Member of CIPD enhancing your employment and promotional prospects even further. This course is delivered via open learning and delegates will have a 'live' weekly workshop via Microsoft Teams and will also have access to a wide range of developmental resources via the CIPD website and the college Virtual Learning Environment - Moodle.
Based on the new Profession Map, the qualifications focus on the knowledge and behaviours required to create value and make an impact in the changing world of work. The new qualifications set the standard for people professionals.
The fees for this course are £1,999.
Your employer may be entitled to funding for this course.
What you will learn
- Business Culture and Change in Context
- Principles of Analytics
- Core Behaviours for People Professionals
- Essentials of People Practice
How the course is assessed
- We use a range of CIPD-approved written assignments, professional presentations and reports to assess the learning.
Number of days per week
- Live online workshops every Tuesday or Thursday evening from 17.45 -20.30 via MS Teams (depending on start date).
- Next intake starts on Tuesday 30th January, 2024 and will run until December 2024
- Minimum of SCQF level 5
- Need to be able to evidence relevant working roles, not necessarily in an HR environment.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- Interviews will be carried out via MS Teams or by phone.
English Proficiency RequirementsMinimum 6.0 IELTS
Progression and Articulation Routes
- CIPD Associate Diploma in People Management Level 5 (SCQF L9)
- A range of learning and developmental or human resource roles within an organisation
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus||Open learning||16/01/24||27 Weeks|
|OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus||Open learning||30/01/24||25 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.