Civil Engineering NC
Campus Midlothian Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
(see funding options)
Course enquiry form
NC Civil Engineering can be taken as a two-year day release (a system allowing employees days off work to go on educational courses) or a full-time, one-year programme of study.
The Full time will mean attending Edinburgh College's Midlothian campus 2.5 days per week over one academic year.
The day release will mean attending Edinburgh College’s Midlothian campus one day per week over two academic years whilst employed within the construction industry.
There will also be a number of sessions that will be delivered remotely via Microsoft Teams.
You will be taught by staff with experience in the civil engineering industry and gain a broad understanding of technical topics needed to work as a civil engineer. You will develop skills in planning, evaluation, defining and problem-solving, research and analysis and work co-operatively. All the skills and knowledge you acquire are transferable and will benefit you in either further studies or employment.
What you will learn
- Civil Engineering Site Work
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Civil Engineering Project
- Computer-Aided Drafting: An Introduction
- Construction Site Surveying: An Introduction
- Health and Safety in the Construction Industry
How the course is assessed
- You will be continually assessed throughout the course.
Number of days per week
- Full time - 2.5 days (approx.) per week
- Day release - one day per week
- Pass at National 5 grade C or above in Maths
- Design Engineering Construct – Level 1
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You may be invited to an interview to assess if this is the correct course for you.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Successful completion of the course will allow progression onto our HN courses
- HNC Civil Engineering taught at Edinburgh College
- Employment as a civil engineering technician
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration||Cost|
|Midlothian Campus||Full time||29/08/22||41 Weeks||
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.