CMI Certificate Management and Leadership QCF Level 5 (SCQF Level 9)
Campus OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 8
Study mode Open learning
Duration 24 weeks
Course enquiry form
This Management and Leadership CMI Certificate is designed for middle managers and those aspiring to become senior management. This course will develop your leadership skills and you will gain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of a range of related topics including; recruitment, managing stakeholders, decision making and performance management.
You are required to achieve 13 credits in order to complete the Certificate, with this course you will achieve 18 credits. You can later build on the certificate and work towards the full Diploma. For more information visit the Chartered Management Institute website here: Management & Leadership Development and Training - CMI (managers.org.uk)
The fee for this course is £935.
Your employer may be entitled to the funding for this course.
What you will learn
- Managing Performance
- Principles of Leadership Practice
- Using Reflective Practice to Inform Personal and Professional Development
How the course is assessed
- You will be continually assessed through written assignments set by CMI.
Number of days per week
- Online delivery via MS Teams one afternoon per week - Wednesdays 14.00-17.00 hrs
- HNC or equivalent level studies in management or a related subject
- Educated to a minimum of SCQF level 7
- Mature/experienced managers are accepted on the basis of current or recent work experience
- We welcome your application if you are currently unemployed and feel that you match the requirements
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- By phone or MS Teams
English Proficiency RequirementsMinimum IELTS 6.5 or equivalent
Progression and Articulation Routes
- CMI Certificate or Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership Practice QCF L7 (SCQF L11)
- Career in management and leadership
- Promotion at work
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus||Open learning||21/09/22||24 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.