CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership
Campus OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 9
Study mode Open learning
Duration 52 weeks
Course enquiry form
This Management and Leadership CMI Diploma is designed for middle managers and those aspiring to become senior management. This course will develop your leadership skills and you will gain up-to-date knowledge and understanding on a range of topics including; recruitment, managing stakeholders, decision making and performance management.
This Diploma qualification will give you the key skills and competencies you will need to become an effective manager and leader. The course will strengthen and develop your knowledge of middle management by focusing on specific management and leadership areas that are applicable to your job. In order to achieve the Diploma, you will be required to gain all 8 units. For more information on this qualification please visit the Chartered Management Institute here:
The Diploma is the benchmark qualification for full CMI membership and is approved for SAAS part-time fee grant funding if you meet certain criteria. https://www.saas.gov.uk/part-time
The fee for this course is £1,667.
Your employer may be entitled to funding for this course.
For more information visit the Chartered Management Institute website.
What you will learn
- Principles of Leadership Practice
- Managing Change
- Principle of Recruiting, Selecting and Retaining Talent
- Managing Performance
- Managing Projects to Achieve Results
- Using Data and Information for Decision-Making
- Using Reflective Practice to Inform Personal and Professional Development
- Written assignments set by CMI
- Professional discussions
How the course is assessed
- Written academic assessments for each unit set by CMI
Number of days per week
- Online delivery via MS Teams one afternoon per week 14.00-17.00 hrs (Wednesdays) starting on 22/02/23
HNC level studies in management or a related subject
- Educated to SCQF level 7
- Mature/experienced managers are accepted on the basis of current or recent work experience
- We welcome your application if you are currently unemployed and feel that you match the requirements
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- Interviews will be conducted via MS Teams or phone
English Proficiency RequirementsMinimum IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
Progression and Articulation Routes
- CMI L7 (SCQF L11) Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership Practice
- Career in management and leadership
- Promotion at work
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus||Open learning||22/02/23||52 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.