CodeSpace- Software Development Bootcamp (February Start)
Campus OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Full time
Duration 7 weeks
Course enquiry form
Codespace - The bootcamp with a difference!
Welcome to CodeSpace, the flexible and accessible bootcamp that brings tech education to your doorstep, provided by Edinburgh College in partnership with 2i Testing!
Are you ready to launch your career in tech but struggling to find a program that fits your lifestyle? Look no further. CodeSpace and 2i Testing have joined forces to offer a revolutionary approach to learning, enabling individuals from diverse backgrounds to succeed.
2i is an inclusive employer that is breaking barriers in the software engineering industry by seeking out talented individuals from a range of backgrounds who don’t need to have a degree in computing to land jobs working in their Engineering team.
To hear from the students on the course, and learn more about the awards, see the section below on student testimnials
At CodeSpace, we believe in providing comprehensive support for your career journey. That's why, in addition to our rigorous curriculum, we offer exclusive benefits through our partnership with 2i Testing. Every candidate at CodeSpace receives a mentor and a mock interview with the experienced professionals at 2i Testing, giving you the opportunity to refine your interview skills and gain valuable insights from industry experts.
We understand that embarking on a new career can come with its challenges, so to address these concerns, our course includes weekly career skills classes, specifically designed to boost your confidence, tackle imposter syndrome, and equip you with the necessary skills to succeed in the workplace.
CodeSpace is not just about learning to code; it's about empowering you to thrive in the tech industry. Our flexible program allows you to study from the comfort of your own home, with only 18 hours of weekly commitment over a short 7-week period. This ensures that you can upskill and gain the expertise you need without having to give up your current job or compromise on other responsibilities.
Furthermore, CodeSpace is committed to making quality tech education accessible to all. We offer free or heavily subsidised tuition for most individuals, removing financial barriers and empowering aspiring tech professionals from underrepresented groups.
To qualify for discounted tuition, you will need to have been a resident of the UK for at east 3 years and NOT already be undertaking any other training or college/university courses.
For free tuition, in addition, to being resident in Scotland for 3 years, not currently studying, and living in the southeast region of Sctand and currently live in the southeast region, which covers; Edinburgh, Borders, Fife, or the Lothians. You will also need to, you also need to belong to one of the following groups:
- If you earn less than £24,000 per year or are unemployed
- People with a disability
- People from a minority ethnic background
- Neurodivergent individuals
If you do not qualify for Free or discounted tuition, we have a number of scholarship places available, so please enquire by when we contact you about your application
We assess eligability for reduced and free tuition after your application is submitted, so please choose 'pay my own tuition' during the application process, but if you are eligable , you wont be charged.
To ensure you're well-prepared for the bootcamp, we provide a complimentary online introductory course. CodeSpace Free Introductory Course
This free self-paced course helps you build a solid foundation in coding and software engineering, allowing us to streamline the main bootcamp into a short and intensive program.
Join us at CodeSpace, where opportunity meets flexibility, affordability, and a partnership with 2i Testing. Discover your potential, conquer imposter syndrome, and kickstart your tech career today!
- The course is project-driven and you build a dynamic database-driven web application as a portfolio for interviews.
- There are also smaller projects along the way
- Career skills include:
- Workplace collaboration
- CV and portfolio guidance
- Mock Interview
- Interview technique
- Boardroom skills
- Tackling imposter syndrome (everybody has it)
- Addressing anxiety and Improving confidence
How the course is assessed
- Through activities and building your projects
Number of days per week
- 3 days per week, 18 hours per week course and you will need some homework time put aside as well.
- Note the coruse does not run on the academic holiday weeks.
- sessions are recorded to aid those who need flexible attendance
If you need tuition to build this portfolio or learn to code, then please take the free introduction course first: introduction to Coding free course
- Ideally, candidates will have an SCQF level 7 or above qualification already, but it doesn't have to be in a computing subject.
- You need a keen interest and drive to want to do the course and gain employment in the industry.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5 but recommend higher
Progression and Articulation Routes
- This course is designed for learners to gain employment.
- But you can look to join other Computing courses in Software or Web development at Edinburgh College once you complete this bootcamp.
- In to employment in Software Engineering in a junior or higher role, depending on your other general workplace skills and experience.
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus||Full time||06/02/24||7 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.