Communication Design NC
Campus Granton Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
Graphic and Digital Design NC is designed to develop your creative potential using digital technology. Immerse yourself in the world of design using Edinburgh College school of art studios and Mac laboratories. Core skills will be learnt in graphic design for print and web design through subjects such as Digital Imaging and Visual Communication. Here you will learn the use of industry-standard software.
You will develop your strong creative ideas and an understanding of the design process and industry and learn skills in research and investigation through sketchbook work. Various works of art will be created by yourself on a range of graphic design subjects. Upon completion, you will be fully equipped and qualified to apply for further study of graphic and digital design at a higher level and progress in your creative journey toward a rewarding career in the creative industry.
What you will learn
- Graphic Design
- Creative Industries
- Art and Design: Creative Process
- Art and Design Project
- Art and Design Context
- Digital Imaging
- Visual Communication
- Design Production
- Digital Imaging Project
- Graphic Design Project
How the course is assessed
- This is a practical studio-based course assessed by portfolio submission throughout the year
Number of days per week
- 3 days per week
- Four National 5s or UAL Level 2 or equivalent
- A good general understanding of the creative process from either school college or previous study and experience
- You must submit a portfolio that demonstrates your advanced art and design skills and an understanding of the creative process
- Adult learners with relevant employment/life experience/skills will be considered for entry to this course.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- All applicants for this course are required to submit a Digital Portfolio and will be invited to a portfolio review session.
- Specific information on Digital Portfolios and review Sessions for the course you have applied for will be sent to you after you submit your online application form.
- For more information and advice on your portfolio please read the Art and Design Application and Portfolio Guide This includes advice on the content, formatting and size of your portfolio but also information on the portfolio review process, what to do if you don’t have a portfolio and the support available for Teachers supporting School pupils preparing portfolios for Art and Design courses.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- A range of higher-level Art and Design courses at Edinburgh College and other colleges and universities
- HND Visual Communications: Graphic Design
- Graphic designer
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Granton Campus||Full time||28/08/23||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.