Cosca Certificate In Counselling Skills (Module 1)
Milton Road Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 8
Duration 12 - 15 weeks
Start date Multiple available
Choose your study options
Course enquiry form
This unique course is designed for those working in or looking to work in a helping, listening, or counselling role. This course is designed to develop your ability to establish a safe, trusting and helping relationship with another person by becoming a Reflective Practitioner.
COSCA Certificate in Counselling Skills is made up of four modules which are all offered at Edinburgh College. You will begin with module one and progress through the others over 14-15 months. During this course, you will reflect on your own processes and experiences and how these have shaped the person that you are. You will develop an awareness of how your own qualities, values, attitudes and personality affect how you are within helping relationships. You will attend Edinburgh College for individual skills development meetings outside the weekly session; making sure that the course meets your specific needs.
Please note although the title says Module 1 we offer all four modules which make up the certificate. The cost of this course is currently £325 per module (2022/23 prices. These may be subject to change) Each module takes approximately 12 weeks to complete. For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Evening Courses being delivered at Milton Road Campus may be transferred to Sighthill Campus during Academic Year 2022/23. The current Reflective Practice Modulepart of the course is due to be phased out beginning in August 2022 and by completion in June 2023. However, the focus on Reflective Practice will continue to be a key aspect of the COSCA Modules 1-4.
What you will learn
- The Certificate consists of four consecutive developmental modules
- Counselling skills to enable you to achieve the COSCA Certificate
How the course is assessed
- You will be continually assessed through written assignments.
Number of days per week
- The Certificate consists of four consecutive developmental modules.
- It is a part-time course of 2.5 hours per week for 12 weeks per module, at College either from 9.15 am to 12.15 pm or 5.30 pm to 8.30 pm. Evening classess at Milton Road Campus may be moved to Sighthill in the academic year 2022/23
- There are no formal entry requirements for this course but previous counselling training at Introductory Level would be helpful but is not essential.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Students completing the four Modules and gaining a Certificate in Counselling Skills can apply for further study in counselling at HNC or Post Graduate level.
- Employment which uses a counselling approach.
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Evening||24/08/22||12 Weeks|
|Sighthill Campus||Part time||25/08/22||12 Weeks|
|Milton Road Campus||Evening||01/12/22||15 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.