Choose your study options
Course enquiry form
Have you ever wanted to improve your mixing and mastering skills? Are you finding your productions are lacking that professional edge? Well at Edinburgh College, we may have the very class that can help you take your work to the next level.
So you have been making music at home, recording your music and learning the basics. But you are struggling with mixing and mastering and your productions don’t quite have the edge you are looking for. You have been on YouTube, you have read the articles, but without being able to actually TALK to someone about it… you are struggling to progress.
Our online class allows you to sit through all the aspects of a successful mix with an experienced mix engineer. You will be talked through all the basics as well as some of the more professional techniques that will make your mixes shine. Maybe you have never even mixed before… well this class will get you up and running in no time.
* Please note that based on government guidance for colleges regarding social distancing, this course is scheduled to be delivered online at a reduced fee of £153. If government guidance were to change prior to the start of the course we will get in touch to discuss on campus options.
What you will learn
- Editing Techniques
- How to use EQ
- How to use Compression
- Reverb and Delay Techniques
- How to add colour to your mix
- How to make a master suitable for release
Number of days per week
1 evening per week (3 hours) for 10 weeks
- No formal entry requirements but an interest in music and a basic understanding of using a computer are essential
English Proficiency RequirementsA basic grasp of the English language is recommended
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Sound Production NC Level 5 and Level 6 taught at Edinburgh College
- Sound Production HND taught at Edinburgh College
- Sound Engineer
- Mix Engineer
- Sound Technician
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration||Cost|
|Sighthill Campus||Evening||26/10/21||7 Weeks||
|Sighthill Campus||Evening||25/01/22||13 Weeks||
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.