Dance Artists HND
Campus Granton Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 8
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
Dance Artists HND is a creative and technically challenging course designed to make you industry-ready as you progress towards a career in the dance sector. Push your artistic potential as you engage in professional training from experienced dancers in Performing Arts Studio Scotland (PASS) dance studios.
This course will develop your skills in several dancing techniques as well as teach you commercial dance styles, choreography, teaching skills and contextual subjects.
Performing Arts Studio Scotland (PASS) has a range of exceptional professional facilities including the Pass studio theatre as well as dance, acting and aerial studios
This course has a primary focus on teaching and creating dance projects and you will complete a practical work placement which will take place in year 2 of the course. This will be made available through PASS industry connections. Immerse yourself in the art of dance as you gain essential experience in professional environments and make crucial connections with industry professionals. You will work with a variety of client groups of varying ages and abilities to create workshops, events and projects with essential and practical experience. The course will ensure your progression into the professional industry or further study such as our in-house degree program.
Please see below for audition information.
What you will learn
- Practical Performance Opportunities
- Dance Technique: Ballet, Jazz, Contemporary
- Graded Unit
- Performance and Production
- Theoretical Knowledge
- Body Conditioning
- Professional Guest Workshops
- You will be given the opportunity to take part in a range of performance opportunities during your course
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed through practical demonstrations and theoretical assignments
Number of days per week
4 to 5 days but you will be expected to work out with College class hours
- Two Highers NC at SCQF Level 6
- Based on a practical audition, we look for potential, commitment, energy and focus
- Must be physically and academically able to take part fully in all practical and theoretical classes
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
For HN Dance our audition process is broken down into 3 parts.
- Part 1: Evidence of knowledge and understanding in Ballet, Jazz & Contemporary
- Part 2: A 1.5-minute self-choreographed solo
- Part 3: A short video introducing yourself and previous dance experience/qualifications and why you chose to study dance at PASS.
Once you have completed your application form online you will be sent an email with a link to the requirements for Part 1 – 3. Demo and tutorial footage will be provided to help you achieve what is being asked. There will also be a guide to uploading your footage to YouTube or using an alternative method for submission.
We do not expect everyone to have experience and knowledge of all techniques but we would ask that you attempt the exercises and combinations shown and send those as evidence for your practical audition.
Remember we are looking for potential, not perfection so please do your best.
Audition Dates Coming Soon!
Should you have any further questions regarding the course or audition please mail us on
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
BA (Hons) Dance accredited by Kingston University
- Dance artist
- Arts administrator
- Community artist
- Dance development officer
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Granton Campus||Full time||30/08/21||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.