Dance Artists HND
Campus Granton Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 8
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
Dance Artists HND is a creative and technically challenging 2-year course designed to make you industry-ready as you progress towards a career in the dance sector. Push your artistic potential as you engage in professional training from experienced dance staff at Performing Arts Studio Scotland (PASS).
This course will develop your skills in several dance techniques as well as teach you commercial dance styles, choreography, teaching skills and contextual subjects, there is also an opportunity to work on a project in collaboration with HN1 actors.
Performing Arts Studio Scotland (PASS) has a range of exceptional professional facilities including the Pass studio theatre as well as dance, acting and aerial studios.
This course has a primary focus on teaching and creating dance projects and you will complete a practical work placement which will take place in year 2 of the course. This will be made available through PASS industry connections. Immerse yourself in the art of dance as you gain essential experience in professional environments and make crucial connections with industry professionals. You will work with a variety of client groups of varying ages and abilities to create workshops, events and projects with essential and practical experience. The course will ensure your progression into the professional industry or further study such as our in-house degree program.
Additional Opportunities at PASS
Turin Project - In partnership with Edinburgh Carnival
An all-expenses paid trip for selected students to work internationally on a variety of projects across the performing arts in the following destinations
- South Africa
- Costa Rica
Site-Specific Project - Collaboration with HND Acting in an external venue
Students have the opportunity of working creatively in an external venue supported by highly trained staff to create a site-specific performance in 5 days.
Professional Portfolio Session
Head and Action shots
For more information please follow us on:
Facebook: @ PASS - Dance
Email: Dance@edinburghcollege.ac.ukWhat you will learn
- Practical Performance Opportunities
- Dance Technique: Ballet, Jazz, Contemporary
- Graded Unit
- Performance and Production
- Theoretical Knowledge
- Body Conditioning
- Professional Guest Workshops
- You will have an opportunity in year 2 to work in a sector of the professional industry and gain key experience in a job role of your choice.
- Students have also had the opportunity to participate in Cultural Exchange Trips with Edinburgh Festival Carnival to South Africa, Brazil, Costa Rica and Cuba where they have worked with arts organisations in a variety of contexts.
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed through practical performance, workshops, blogs/vlogs, online portfolios, academic assignments and creative outcomes
Number of days per week
- 4 to 5 days but you will be expected to work out with College class hours
- Please note during show rehearsals for show work you will be expected to attend full-time if needed
- Two Highers
- NC at SCQF Level 6 or equivalent
- Based on a practical audition, we look for potential, commitment, energy and focus
- Must be physically and academically able to take part fully in all practical and theoretical classes
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
Please read the following carefully and supply the evidence asked for consideration for our HND program
We would like to invite you to apply for our HND program by doing the following:
Stage 1: Complete the online application form including the following:
Answer the following questions in the personal statement section of your application form.
- Why do you want to study at PASS on this course?
- What previous experience do you have that will support your application and who inspires you? (Please think about choreographers, companies, dancers etc), you have 500 words.
- Fully complete the application providing all relevant information including previous qualifications
- Creative Solo: You will have to submit a 1.5-minute solo that represents you as a dancer, choreographer and or performer. Please upload it onto your application or email it to Dance@edinburghcollege.ac.uk with your name and the course you are applying to in the subject bar.
Stage 2: Invitation to Audition & Information Session and Solo Performance (2- 3 hours)
- Participate in a Jazz, Ballet and Contemporary Class
- Tour of facilities & Information session on the course
Audition Dates are:
Monday 20th March
Tuesday 16th May
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember we are looking for potential, not perfection so please do your best.
Privacy Notice for Performing Arts and Photography Selection
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- BA (Hons) Dance ad Drama Degree accredited by Kingston University
- 1 Year top up at Dance College, London
- 1 year BA (Hons) Professional and commercial dance top at Bolton University
- 1 year BA (Hons) Dance Performance Addict Dance Academy
- Dance artist
- Arts administrator
- Community artist
- Dance development officer
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Granton Campus||Full time||28/08/23||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.