Developing Sporting Performance - Football
Campus Granton Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
This unique course is designed for those who are
currently participating in football at a competitive level and looking to
improve their skills and performance to potentially make a career in the sport.
This course will push your football potential and develop your fitness skills
through a full-time and structured programme. Discover new confidence
and push your personal ambitions in your own sporting development as
you learn a variety of transferable skills. You will be taught by experienced
Edinburgh College lecturers, enhance your career prospects as well as
be fully prepared for further study of sport and fitness at a higher level.
There will be a considerable focus on practical activities with some theoretical classroom work in order to improve and complement your existing training and performance schedules. You must be participating at a competitive level and be committed to improving your technique. Your application must be supported with a letter of recommendation from your PE department, club or National Governing Body.
What you will learn
- Individual Performance Improvement Analysis
- Evaluation Exercises
- Resistance Training Methods
- Anatomy and Exercise Physiology
- Instructional Skills
- Codes of Conduct
- Effective Communication Skills
How the course is assessed
You will be continually assessed through a variety of methods including written assessments, logbooks, group exercises, projects, assignments and practical tasks and observations
Number of days per week
- 4 day per week
- Three National 5s at C or above, preferably to include English and/or a science subject or relevant level of football experience
- National 4 Biology would also be an advantage and may be needed for progression
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You will be invited to attend an interview where you will be expected to provide supporting evidence of your participation in sport at a competitive level
- There will be a one to one discussion with a member of the sport and fitness team
- The interview session may also include some written work to assess your general knowledge in sport, exercise and fitness activities and identify your personal aims, objectives and potential career path
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- HNC/D in Fitness Health and Exercise taught at Edinburgh College
- HNC/D Coaching and Developing Sport
Although this course is primarily aimed at progression onto HNC/D it may be possible to gain employment in positions such as:
- Sports leader
- Sports coach assistant
- Sports coach
- Gym/ leisure assistant
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Granton Campus||Full time||29/08/22||41 Weeks|
Come along to one of our Open Days this February to find out all you need to know about studying at Edinburgh College and the courses available to you.
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.