Digital Design and Development HND
Campus Granton Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 8
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
Digital Design and Development HND will teach you several contemporary skills needed to work in the modern digital-design workplace. The digital landscape is constantly changing and this course offers you an up-to-date award that reflects recent developments within the sector. Your design potential will be pushed to a professional standard and your work could be part of the digital future. You will be taught by industry-experienced College lecturers and learn a diverse range of knowledge in; Web Development, Audio and Video Production, 3D Modelling, 2D Animation, Software Development, App Development and Arduino Development.
You will be introduced to project management, working in teams, User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) design graphics for a variety of environments and get hands-on with Arduino development. Each subject area you cover is tailored towards jobs available in the industry to make sure you get the best education to progress towards a successful career. This course leads to the second or third-year entry to university courses depending on your choice of university and course.
What you will learn
- Software Development
- UI and UX Design
- Graphics Creation using Adobe Software
- Audio and Video Production
- Project Management
- 2D and 3D Animation
- Web Development
- App Development
- Arduino Development
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed on your practical skills
- There will be some written assignments and multiple-choice tests
- There will be one exam
Number of days per week
- approximately 18 hours per week, which we try to timetable into 3 days.
- However, the course is demanding and you should allow 4.5 days of study per week for this course.
- For school leavers: Three C passes at Higher, preferably one in Computing or a numerate subject and also you will need to have Communications Core skill at Level 6 or equivalent.
- For college learners: SCQF Level 6 pass in a relevant subject such as Software and Digital Design or Computing.
- For everyone else: All enquiries are welcome regardless of qualifications. Edinburgh College computing staff can assess where you can start or progress in your computing career and find the right course for you
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- At interview, you will be asked to take part in a Skills and Experience screening exercise this will be on a computer
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Second, or third year of various university degree courses
- BSc Web Development year 3 at Napier University
- BSc Interactive Design year 3 at Glasgow Caledonia University (with a portfolio)
- Employment in an interactive media role or related area
- Web and multimedia developer
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Granton Campus||Full time||28/08/23||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.