Digital Media Editing NPA 5 (SCP)
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Part time
Duration 39 weeks
Course enquiry form
THIS COURSE IS FOR S5 & S6 PUPILS WHO ARE STILL AT SCHOOL
This part-time course is part of the Schools College Partnership and gives you the chance, while you are an S5 or S6 school student, to study four units at Intermediate 5 level. This course has been designed to provide an introduction to the processes involved in making and editing short films, radio programmes and a stills portfolio. You will cover idea development pre-production planning and post-production. All of this will be carried out as a member of a team working to a specific brief and deadline. You will be given a series of briefs for which you will acquire video footage, audio, and stills photographs and you will then transfer them to your computer and edit them as required.
What you will learn
- Digital Media: Still Images Editing
- Digital Media: Audio Editing
- Digital Media: Moving Image
- Digital Media: Editing Practice
How the course is assessed
- Project driven with Practical and written assessments
Number of days per week
- 2 afternoons per week: Tuesday & Thursday 1:30 - 4pm
- Minimum 3 passes at SCQF Level 4
- Keen interest in video production and practical camera work that demonstrates creative potential and mandatory attendance at college induction/transition activity.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- Applicants will be required to attend college inductions. You will be notified in advance of the details.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- FA Creative & Digital Media
- FA Creative & Digital Media with Graphic Design
- NC Audio Media FT.
- Broadcast Media FT.
- Film and Television Production NQ level 6 FT
Discover the Creative Industries Faculty
Our Creative Industries faculty offers a variety of courses which help prepare students to stand out from the crowd in their chosen field, be it art and design, broadcast media and photography, music and sound production, performing arts or computing.
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Part time||23/08/22||39 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.