Digital Media for the Creative Industries SCQF Level 5
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Full time
Duration 20 weeks
Course enquiry form
If you want to work in the Creative Industries and are keen to study towards a degree or an entry-level job, you will need a portfolio of production work. This 18-week January start course provides an ideal opportunity to explore various aspects of digital media while giving you a chance to build that all-important portfolio in a range of subject areas.
You will study sound, digital moving and still images while learning how to operate high-end video cameras, editing techniques and digital software. You may want to work in the ever-expanding area of social media, and social networking is a key component of this course. In addition, you will study animation and the theory of television and film.
If you are enthusiastic about working in Digital Media but haven’t had the opportunity to gain the skills you need, this broad-ranging course will give you the chance to explore this area of study, and successful completion will allow you to progress to study at Higher level and on to HND. If you have been studying Media at Level 4, this course is a natural progression to broaden your skillset and improve your portfolio.
What you will learn
- Intro to Social Media
- Animation Skills
- Digital Media Project
- Intro to Digital Image Skills
- Digital Media: Moving Images
- Understanding the Film and Television Industry
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed through both practical, written and project-based assignments.
Number of days per week
- Three days per week for 18 weeks.
NOTE: exact start date and timetable still TBC. The course will begin in the week beginning 22 January.
- English and Maths at SQCF level 4
- Level 4 qualification in a related subject area
- Previous experience in Media will also be considered
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You must complete and return a Student Information form to assess your level and interest in the course.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- NC Broadcast Media
- Film and TV Production Level 6
- NQ Audio Visual Production
- Mature students with appropriate additional qualifications may be eligible to apply for study at the HND level
- This course is the first step towards working in the broadcast media industry as an assistant.
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Full time||22/01/24||20 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.