Electrical and Electronic Engineering Level 5
Campus Midlothian Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
The Electrical and Electronic Engineering Level 5 will give you essential knowledge of the engineering industry. You will learn the practical skills needed to progress into a career in the electrical and electronic engineering field.
This is an entry-level course that can lead to further study of our NC Level 6 Electrical and Electronic Engineering course which can progress to an HNC/D and a university degree. If you are wanting to progress into full-time employment within the electrical and electronic industry, this course will give you the skills you need to apply for an apprentice trainee technician position.
You will be taught by staff with extensive experience in the electrical engineering industry. You will also have access to Edinburgh College workshops where you will use up-to-date technology and equipment. The course is based on both the workshop and classroom ensuring you get a combination of practical and technical skills. This is a full-time course taught at Edinburgh College’s Midlothian campus.
What you will learn
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Electrical Wiring Skills
- Soldering and Circuit Assembly
- Motors and Generators
- Information Technology
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed at the end of each unit
- All units within the course must be achieved in order to gain the award
Number of days per week
- 3 days per week
- National 4 Mathematics and preferably English and Physics
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Successful completion will provide the opportunity for progression to Level 6 NC Electrical and Electronic Engineering or other relevant Level 6 courses
- This course will give you the basic training to continue in further study which can lead to acceptance into a university engineering degree
- Apprenticeship trainee technician
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Midlothian Campus||Full time||29/08/22||41 Weeks|
Come along to one of our Open Days this February to find out all you need to know about studying at Edinburgh College and the courses available to you.
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.