Electrical Skills (SCP)
Campus Granton Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Part time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
THIS COURSE IS FOR SENIOR PHASE PUPILS WHO ARE STILL AT SCHOOL
This course provides the perfect platform for pupils who are interested in becoming an electrician to develop essential skills and knowledge. Pupils will learn hand skills, electrical theory and wiring techniques which are based around a domestic setting.
What you will learn
- Fundamental Electrical Principles
- Basic Electrical Installation Systems and Protection
- Basic Electrical Installation Skills
- Construction Crafts: Employability Skills
- Engineering Skills: Electrical/Electronic
- Wiring Skills
- Electrical Skills
How the course is assessed
- Continuous assessment
Number of days per week
- 2 afternoons per week: Tuesday & Thursday 1:30pm - 4.00pm
- Two National 4s from English, Maths, Science, Graphic Communications
- MA Electrical Apprentice
Applicants will be required to submit a numeracy task and participate in a practical task along with submission of a completed personal statement in support of their application.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
Applicants will be required to attend course induction sessions. You will be notified in advance of the details.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Pre-Apprentice Electrician Level 5
- Electrician Electrical Technician
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Granton Campus||Part time||23/08/22||41 Weeks|
National 5, Higher and Advanced Higher Enrolment Events 2022
Our Enrolment Events are for those wishing to apply for an Advanced Higher, Higher or National 5 course.