Energy and Environmental Engineering (inc HND Engineering Systems with Renewables)
Campus Midlothian Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 8
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
BEng Energy and Environmental Engineering is a direct route onto the third year of the Edinburgh Napier University BEng Energy and Environmental Engineering degree program.
You will study a range of modules from Pneumatics and Hydraulics to Engineering System Analysis. This course will give you the analytical skills needed for a job in the engineering systems industry. You will learn a variety of essential areas in mechanical, electrical and systems engineering.
In year one you will follow HNC Engineering Systems with Renewables. This course is designed to make sure you meet the varied needs of the industry. On progression to year two, you will begin your HND. The aim of this HND is to provide you with practical skills in advanced theories of engineering systems. You will use the latest simulation and design software and study a variety of technical subjects including Principles of Engineering Systems, Renewable Energy Units and Computer-Aided Design (CAD).
The course is taught by teaching staff with extensive industry experience using the latest industry technologies. You will be taught between Edinburgh College classrooms and workshops where you will gain essential and hands-on experience in the engineering sector. This course is intended to meet the needs of employers and will ensure you meet undergraduate requirements for a variety of universities.
Do you have any questions regarding this course? Contact a member of our teaching staff:
+44 131 297 9285
What you will learn
Year One (HNC)
Year Two (HND)
How the course is assessed
- You will be assessed on each unit
- Students are allowed two attempts at each assessment
- All units on the course are either pass or fail except for the Graded Units
- Graded Units are graded A, B or C based on performance.
- All units within the course must be achieved to gain the full award; those listed in Year 1 to gain the HNC, and those listed in year 1 and year 2 to gain the HND before gaining third year entry in to the BEng Energy and Environmental Engineering or mechanical engineering at Napier University.
Number of days per week
- 3 days per week
- Two Highers (C or above) in Mathematics and Physics or another Engineering Science-based discipline.
Eligibility criteria for existing Edinburgh College students or students from other colleges:
- NC in Engineering or NC in Multi-Discipline Engineering (Level 6)
- Applicants with equivalent certificates are welcome to apply
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- This course will qualify you to apply for an undergraduate position at several universities
- Progression onto the second or third year at Edinburgh Napier University BEng Energy and Environmental Engineering or mechanical engineering courses.
- Technician level engineering posts
- Mechanical engineer
- Renewables engineer
- Systems engineer
- Apply to the Modern Apprenticeship Scheme
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Midlothian Campus||Full time||28/08/23||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.