Engineering Skills National 5 (SCP)
Campus Midlothian Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Part time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
THIS COURSE IS FOR SENIOR PHASE PUPILS WHO ARE STILL AT SCHOOL
This course will provide the broad practical skills base needed in engineering manufacturing systems and processes. Learners will develop the skills and knowledge necessary for basic engineering processes and maintenance, working on a range of engineering systems including fitting using hand skills, fabrication engineering, manufacturing project design and electrical and electronic engineering. The course supports progression into other engineering studies, training or employment. The course provides the basis that allows candidates to gain an insight into other engineering occupations such as mechanical, fabrication, automotive, electrical and electronic. The subjects you study will help you to decide the career path that you wish to take in the future.
What you will learn
- Mechanical and Fabrication practical skills
- Electrical and Electronic practical skills
- Repair and Maintenance skills
- Design and Manufacture skills
- Skills and attitudes for employability plus an understanding of the workplace
- Engineering materials
- Fitting using hand skills
- Employability and essential core skills
How the course is assessed
- Continual assessment of practical work
Number of days per week
- 2 afternoons per week: Tuesday & Thursday 1:30pm - 4.00pm
- Working towards National 5 Maths and Physics or another science-related topic
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- Applicants will be required to attend course induction sessions and participate in a taster event. You will be notified in advance of the details.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Full-time courses in engineering related disciplines
- Mechanical System and Maintenance Engineering
- Pre-Apprenticeship in Engineering disciplines
- Further College studies are available
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Midlothian Campus||Part time||23/08/22||41 Weeks|
Come along to one of our Open Days this February to find out all you need to know about studying at Edinburgh College and the courses available to you.
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.