Enterprise and Employability in Business
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 4
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
This course is aimed at those who may have been out of employment for some time and are looking to get back into work or self-employment.
The main aim of the course is to provide an introduction to employment and entrepreneurial roles. This will enable learners to acquire and develop skills and knowledge such as resource management and organisational skills required for further study or employment. Signification opportunities exist for learners to develop Core Skills through this qualification.
The course will:
- Enable candidates to consider the various options open to them and to make informed career choices for their future.
- Prepare candidates for entry into further qualifications.
- Provide candidates with knowledge, and practical and transferable skills demanded by employers.
- Enhance your customer service skills.
- Develop an understanding of marketing, sales, promotion, and personal and business finances.
The course may be delivered using a blended learning model. This involves in-class lessons and some classes may be delivered online. You should have access to a PC, Desktop Computer or tablet.
What you will learn
Subjects such as:
- Digital Skills
- Enterprise Skills
- Customer Service Skills for the Entrepreneur
- Establishing a Business Identity
- Personal Development
- Building Employability Skills
- An Introduction to Business and Finance
- No placement required
How the course is assessed
- Ongoing assessments throughout the course
Number of days per week
- 3 days per week
- Applications will be assessed on an individual basis
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You may be required to attend a group and/or individual interview and/or a skills check
English Proficiency RequirementsMinimum IELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- On successful completion of the course, you may progress to level 5 related courses within the department.
- Junior Administrator
- Junior Business Assistant
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Full time||28/08/23||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.