ESOL for Employability NC Level 4
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 4
Study mode Full time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
This course is appropriate if you speak English as a second language and want to improve your English language skills for work or further training. It's ideal if you are living in the UK on a permanent or long-term basis. The course aims to develop your language skills and your confidence over 17 hours a week of taught classes, directed self-study and personal tutorial time.
This is an Intermediate Level course. The course will also focus on employability skills. You will have the opportunity to improve your IT and numeracy. The course also includes preparation for a 3-day work placement and careers guidance. This will prepare you for further studies and employment.
This course is particularly suited to young learners aged 16 to 24. This course is bursary funded so you will not have to pay course fees and may be eligible for other bursary funding. You will be expected to buy the course materials as specified by your tutor (approximately £45).
ESOL for Employability NC Level 4 course information
What you will learn
- English language skills of reading writing listening and speaking
- You will develop your grammar at an Intermediate level
- You will extend your general and work vocabulary
- You will study the core skills of numeracy and IT
- You will organise an event
- You will develop skills in applying for work and going to interviews
- You will complete the SQA Work Experience unit (Level 3) including a work placement
- You will complete the SQA NC ESOL for Employability Level 4 award
- A 3-day work placement
How the course is assessed
- The course is internally assessed
Number of days per week
- 3 days (17 hours)
- SQA National 3 or equivalent
- Assessment of language level as part of the application
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You will be invited for a test and interview where your language level and suitability for the course will be checked
English Proficiency RequirementsSQA Access 3 or equivalent.
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Progress onto the next level of ESOL.
- Progress onto NC ESOL for Employability Level 5.
- Progress to other level 5 ESOL and Employability courses.
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Full time||29/08/22||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.