Film and Media NPA (SCP)
Campus Milton Road Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Part time
Duration 39 weeks
Course enquiry form
THIS COURSE IS FOR S5 & S6 PUPILS WHO ARE STILL AT SCHOOL
This course is aimed at S5 and S6 pupils who have an interest in working in the Creative Industries and wish to gain experience and qualifications in this area while still at school. The NPA in Film and Media will give you an insight into working in areas such as film, publishing, TV, radio and the visual arts. The course is made up of a mixture of practical and theoretical units. You’ll have fun, learn new skills, explore different creative media and meet and work with other like-minded young people. The qualification will support applications to college or university courses in related subjects.
What you will learn
- Technical Skills for Media
- Content Development for Media
- Film and the Film Industry: An Introduction
- Creative Industries Skills Development
- Storytelling for the Creative Industries
- Creative Project
How the course is assessed
- Project work, practical exercises, some written and oral assessments, no exams
Number of days per week
- 2 afternoons Tuesday and Thursday 1:30 - 4 pm
- Two relevant National 5 Qualifications
- Students will be expected to demonstrate a good standard of written and spoken English
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate a keen interest in and knowledge or experience of the film and media industries
- A short written task will be required in support of the application
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- Applicants will be required to attend course induction sessions. You will be notified in advance of the details.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- HNC in Creative Industries
- HNC Media and Communications
- Entry-level positions in film, tv, radio, and other media, for example, production runner.
Discover the Creative Industries Faculty
Our Creative Industries faculty offers a variety of courses which help prepare students to stand out from the crowd in their chosen field, be it art and design, broadcast media and photography, music and sound production, performing arts or computing.
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Milton Road Campus||Part time||23/08/22||39 Weeks|
Come along to one of our Open Days this February to find out all you need to know about studying at Edinburgh College and the courses available to you.
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.