Foundation Apprenticeship in Accountancy (SCP)
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Part time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
This course is for S5 pupils who are still at school
This course is for pupils who are in their final years of high school. This course is intended to be studied alongside your high school subjects.
Accountants help individuals and organisations to keep track of their money and find new ways to grow their businesses and increase profitability. The Foundation Apprenticeship in Accountancy is a great way to get hands-on experience in this fast-paced and dynamic industry. You will have the unique chance to develop skills and knowledge across a range of accountancy topics as well as complete a valuable work placement with an employer. This course is an opportunity to gain an industry-recognised qualification and try out a career while you are still at school.
The Foundation Apprenticeship in Accountancy is a two-year course that is open to pupils entering their fifth year. You must have the ability to study at SCQF Level 6 (Higher equivalent) in an education setting and meet the entry requirements of the course.
What you will learn
- Prepare Management Accounting Information
- Prepare Financial Accounting Information
- Analyse Accounting Information
- Record Data in Ledger
- Professional Values for Accountancy
- Final Accounts Preparation
- Indirect Tax
- You will complete a valuable work placement in year two of the qualification and gain first-hand experience in the industry.
How the course is assessed
- You will be continually assessed throughout this course by both Edinburgh College lecturers and an employer at your work placement.
Number of days per week
- Year one – 2 afternoons per week
- Year two – 1 day per week work placement followed by 2 afternoons per week to complete assessments
- Achieved or working towards Higher (A-C) in a relevant subject area – e.g. English, Accountancy or Finance by the end of S6
- NPA Business with Information Technology
- The ability to work towards SCQF level 6 (Higher) qualifications
- Interested in or considering a career in the Business Sector
- Positive behaviour and school attendance report
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- If your application is successful you will be invited for an interview at Edinburgh College to assess if this is the correct course for you
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Gain accelerated entry onto the Level 3 Modern Apprenticeship in Accounting
- Business HNC taught at Edinburgh College
- Business with Digital Marketing HNC taught at Edinburgh College
- Various jobs with an accountancy employer or in a related industry such as business and finance
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Part time||23/08/22||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.