French Advanced Higher (SCP)
OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 7
Duration 41 weeks
Choose your study options
Course enquiry form
THIS COURSE IS FOR S6 PUPILS WHO ARE STILL AT SCHOOL. IT IS FREE AND OPEN TO ALL S6 SCHOOL PUPILS ACROSS SCOTLAND.
This course will continue learners' development and knowledge of French through increased exposure to the language. This will give learners the opportunity to acquire greater fluency, flexibility, accuracy and confidence.
Schools can contact Caroline Cordier, Curriculum Leader for Modern Languages, for further information about our delivery model.
email - Caroline.Cordier@edinburghcollege.ac.uk
What you will learn
- consolidate and develop the skills of reading, listening, writing and speaking within the four contexts of society, learning, employability and culture
- translation skills
- essay-writing skills and analytical skills
How the course is assessed
- Final exam: Pupils sitting SQA exams will be required to sit at school. Prelims can also be hosted at school.
Number of days per week
- Tuesday and/or Thursday afternoon, digital classroom (using Microsoft Teams).
- Open learning - Moodle self-study and scheduled Teams calls, possible access to digital classrooms if compatible with the timetable
- Minimum B pass in Higher French (C pass may be considered subject to interview)
- Applicants will be required to attend course induction sessions. You will be notified in advance of the details
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Various University Modern Language Degrees
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Part time||30/08/22||41 Weeks|
|OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus||Open learning||30/08/22||41 Weeks|
Come along to one of our Open Days this February to find out all you need to know about studying at Edinburgh College and the courses available to you.
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.