French National 5
Campus OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Open learning
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
The National 5 French course enables learners with some knowledge of the subject to gain a better understanding of the language. You will be exposed to the language over a length of time and acquire greater fluency in topics within the contexts of society, culture, learning and employability. During the course you will develop skills in reading, listening, writing and speaking. Grammar aspects will be studied and classroom interaction in the language will be encouraged. This course is challenging and requires the ability to study independently.
If you are interested in applying, please contact the Curriculum Team Manager for Modern Languages Caroline.Cordier@edinburghcollege.ac.uk
What you will learn
- Consolidate and develop the skills of reading, listening, writing speaking
- Translation covers topics such as family and friends, lifestyles, learning in context, jobs and other cultural aspects of the language
How the course is assessed
You will be assessed through the National 5 SQA exam.
Number of days per week
- This course runs online for a total of 36 weeks
- Open learning - Moodle self-study and scheduled Teams calls, possible access to digital classrooms if compatible with the timetable
- French at SCQF National 4 level or equivalent
- Applicants must demonstrate the ability to work at an appropriate level by having already achieved a pass at A or B in the level below which they are applying.
- These courses are challenging and require the ability to study independently. Applicants should identify clearly the reason for studying their chosen subject in their course application.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Higher French taught at Edinburgh College
- Other qualifications in French related areas
With further study you gain employment in the following:
- Tourism officer
- International relations
- International Business
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus||Open learning||28/08/23||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.