Future Skills: Vehicle Maintenance and Accident Repair
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 4
Study mode Full time
Duration 20 weeks
Start date Multiple available
Choose your study options
Course enquiry form
Future Skills: Vehicle Maintenance and Accident Repair is designed to provide introductory knowledge and skills in the Automotive Engineering disciplines of light vehicle maintenance, accident body repair and vehicle paint repair. As part of this course, students will also learn about electric vehicle technology and how it is enhancing the automotive industry. It will equip students with the skills and enable them to choose a specialist route for further study. This course will also develop students with the employability skills required for a career in the automotive sector.
The Future Skills programme includes a building project that will encompass all the knowledge and skills learnt throughout.
Students will gain a broad range of technical skills that will allow progression into specific study areas of automotive engineering. This course will also provide the opportunity to progress onto a practical based engineering course.
This is a short full-time course (18 weeks) taught at Edinburgh College Sighthill Campus.
What you will learn
- Practical workshop skills for light vehicle maintenance & repair, accident body repair techniques and vehicle paint application processes
- Underpinning theoretical knowledge in light vehicle maintenance, electric vehicle awareness, vehicle body repair and vehicle paint and refinishing
- Employability and Project skills
How the course is assessed
- Progress is assessed throughout the course as tasks are completed
Number of days per week
- 3 days week
- National 4 in Mathematics and English is desirable
- A keen interest in automotive repair trades
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Progression to one of the automotive specialisms would be supported.
- Progression to a skills-based engineering programme would be considered.
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Full time||29/08/22||20 Weeks|
|Sighthill Campus||Full time||23/01/23||20 Weeks|
Come along to one of our Open Days this February to find out all you need to know about studying at Edinburgh College and the courses available to you.
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.