German Advanced Higher (SCP)
Campus OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 7
Study mode Open learning
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
This course is for S6 pupils who are still at school. It is free and open to all S6 school pupils across Scotland.
This course will continue learners' development and knowledge of German through increased exposure to the language. This will give learners the opportunity to acquire greater fluency, flexibility, accuracy and confidence. You will develop valuable translation, analytical and essay-writing skills and be in a great position to study German at the university level.
Schools can contact Caroline Cordier, Curriculum Manager for Modern Languages, for further information about our online delivery model.
The course is currently full, but some spaces might become available in August. Please contact Curriculum Manager Caroline Cordier if interested: Caroline.Cordier@edinburghcollege.ac.uk.
What you will learn
- Develop Skills in Reading, Listening, Writing and Speaking within the four Contexts of Society; Learning, Employability and Culture
- Translation Skills
- Essay Writing Skills and Analytical Skills
How the course is assessed
- Final exam: Pupils sitting SQA exams will be required to sit at school. Prelims can also be hosted at school.
Number of days per week
- This course runs for a total of 36 weeks.
- Open learning - Moodle self-study and scheduled Teams calls, possible access to digital classrooms if compatible with the timetable
- Higher German or relevant component units or other SQA qualifications in German studied at SCQF Level 6
- You can apply with equivalent qualifications in German or if you have extensive experience in German
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- An interview or test may be required if you have an equivalent qualification or experience in German
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Further study in modern languages or related areas
- This course alongside other qualifications can be used to apply for a variety of university courses
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|OL - Open Learning/Cross Campus||Open learning||28/08/23||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.