Health and Social Care Academy Level 5
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Part time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
This course is for senior-phase pupils who are still at school.
The Health & Social Care Academy provides an agile pathway to a career in Health and Social Care. It offers multiple offers for progression at Level 6 which is the starting point for pre-registration in the Heath & Social Care sector. The course supports the development of much sought-after digital and data skills relevant to the industry and provides the hands-on practical experience that employers are looking for. Pupils will develop transferrable skills that can be applied across various disciplines, including Dental, Pharmacy, Health Care, and Social Care.
What you will learn
- Digital and Data Skills for Health & Social Care
- Mental Health
- Human Body
- Infection Prevention
- Safe Beginners for Health and Social Care
How the course is assessed
- A combination of practical activities, project work and closed book assessment.
- Students should be enrolled on 4 National 4's (including English) and have a genuine interest in working in/ studying health and social care.
- Pupils who want to progress onto health-related courses at SCQF Level 6 must have National 5 Biology.
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Skills for Work Health and Social Care Higher
- Modern Apprenticeships in Health and Social Care
- Level 6 college courses in Health and Social Care
- Sector employment
- Pharmacy Services
- Dental Nursing
- Social Care
- Working with Communities
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Part time||22/08/23||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.