Holistic Therapies for Massage Therapists
Campus Granton Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Evening
Duration 20 weeks
Course enquiry form
This 18-week exciting short course is designed to develop understanding and basic skills in a range of Holistic Therapies.
In addition to becoming proficient in the skills involved, you will learn and show an understanding of all aspects of related anatomy and physiology and current health and safety.
On completion of this course you will be able to perform Full Body Massage, Indian Head Massage, Hot stone Massage, Thai Compress and Bamboo Massage which will enable you to seek employment in the Beauty and Spa industry or progress to further studies within the Beauty and Wellness sectors.
This course is ABT Accredited
The cost, of course, is £450 and must be paid prior to the start of the course.
Some theory will be delivered online - you will be required to have access to IT to enable you to complete this part of the course e.g. laptop, Pc, iPhone, Android phone.
We also ask all students to adhere to the dress code for the department as follows:
- Black Trousers
- Black T-Shirt
- Black Shoes
If you are interested in being a model for our students or want to try out our salons before beginning your studying journey, simply book in for a treatment.
What you will learn
The basic skills in preparing and performing a range of Holistic Therapies for the Beauty and Spa Industry. This is includes -
- Full Body Massage
- Stone Therapy Massage
- Indian Head Massage
- Bamboo Massage
- Herbal Compress Massage
How the course is assessed
- All practical assessments are carried out on paying clients within our salons.
- The theory aspects of the course are carried out under exam conditions completing open book assessments and closed book assessments
Number of days per week
- 1 evening per week for 18 weeks 6:00-8:30pm – Tuesday
- Plus 6 hours self-directed study
- All applicants must be 18 years of age or older before the start date of the course and have paid for the course in full.
- All applicants must have achieved a Body Massage qualification
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- There is no formal interview process
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
On completion of this course you will be able to perform a range of holistic therapies which will enable you to seek employment in the Beauty and Spa industry or progress to further your studies with our Full-Time Beauty, Spa, Complementary Therapies and/or other short courses.
- Employment at trainee level in the Beauty Industry
- Self-employed to carry out basic face and body massage treatments
- Further your studies with our Full-Time Beauty, Wellness Therapies and/or other short courses
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Granton Campus||Evening||23/01/24||20 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.