Hospitality NPA Level 5
Campus Milton Road Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Full time
Duration 20 weeks
Course enquiry form
Interested in a career in one of Scotland’s exciting, challenging and dynamic industries. Do you thrive working in a team environment, enjoy meeting new people and have an interest in food and drink – then a career in Hospitality is definitely for you.
Apply for a course in Hospitality and learn the skills and knowledge that will help you to gain employment in hotels, bars and restaurants as well as many other areas. Progression on completing this course will be Hospitality NPA Level 6.
What you will learn
- Working in the Hospitality Industry
- Food Hygiene for the Hospitality Industry
- Developing Customer Care in Hospitality
- Hospitality Costing
- Hospitality Reception Skills
- Food and Beverage Operations
- Work experience
There are hours of work experience attached to this course - some of these hours will be completed in the college restaurant eh15 and the remainder will be completed on a external work placement - with our key Indusrty Partners.
How the course is assessed
- Open book
- Closed book
- Port folios
- Practical observations
Number of days per week
- Maximum of 4 days per week
- 4 grade C passes (or above) at National 4 level including English Or equivalent
- Adult returners with relevant employment/life experience/skills will be considered for entry to this course
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You will be invited in for an information session where you will have the opportunity to speak to one of the lecturing team on a one-to-one basis
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Level 6 course
- Front Office Reception
- Waiting staff
- Bar staff
- Various other sectors of the industry
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Milton Road Campus||Full time||28/08/23||20 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.