Hospitality NPA (SCP)
Campus Milton Road Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 6
Study mode Part time
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
HIS COURSE IS SPECIFICALLY FOR SENIOR PHASE SCHOOL PUPILS WHILE STILL AT SCHOOL.
For pupils who have completed NPA Hospitality at Level 5 this would be your progression route - this course is also open to pupils with the entry requirements to enter at this level.
The aim of this course is to provide you with the knowledge and skills required for a career within the Hospitality industry. You will cover an exciting range of areas aimed at developing your cooking skills and front of house skills - there is a strong emphasis on teamwork where you will have the opportunity to work on a number of organised events as part of the course - fantastic practical experience to enhance your future prospects. There will be opportunities for you to participate in a programme of visits to hotels and other businesses operating within the hospitality industry and ample opportunities for work experience to give you further insight into this exciting and fast-paced industry to help you to decide if this is the career path for you. This course is run over 2 afternoons per week - Tuesday and Thursday.
What you will learn
- Food and Beverage Operations
- Practical cookery skills
- Customer Care
- Functions and waiting
- Organisation of practical skills
- Team building
- Although not a mandatory part of this course there is ample opportunity for you to gain work experience within our College restaurant eh15 as well as the opportunity to take part in a number of external events hosted by the College
How the course is assessed
The course is assessed on an ongoing basis using the following methods -
- Open book
- Closed book
- Practical observations
Number of days per week
- Tuesday and Thursday 1.30-4pm
- This course is for S5 and S6 pupils who have achieved National 5's and are working towards Highers preferably in English
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You will be invited into College for an information session
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- HND Hospitality
- HND Events Management
- Front of House within hospitality organisations
- Hotel reception
- Bar/coffee house operations
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Milton Road Campus||Part time||22/08/22||41 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.