IELTS Preparation Level 2
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Part time
Duration 20 weeks
Course enquiry form
The course aims to prepare you for the IELTS exam and to help you move up at least half a band level on the IELTS scale. During this 18-week course, you will attend Edinburgh College for four hours a week. You will work towards preparing to take the IELTS exam through Edinburgh College (EC) units. This course is appropriate if you need an IELTS score of 6 or more to allow you to access university or to register with the General Medical Council. You will focus on developing your English language skills and learning techniques for the IELTS exam covering all aspects of the reading, writing, listening and speaking papers.
You will be expected to buy the course materials as specified by your tutor (approximately £45). The IELTS exam fee (approximately £160) is not included in the cost of the course.
What you will learn
- English skills in reading writing, listening and speaking in an academic context
- Academic study skills
- Preparation for the IELTS exam
How the course is assessed
- There will be regular assessment tasks throughout the course to monitor your progress including mock IELTS tests
- To take the IELTS test you need to register at a test centre
- Your tutor can give you advice on when you are ready to take the test and provide a registration form
Number of days per week
- Two days per week - Tuesday and Thursday (4 hours per week)
- IELTS 5.5/Cambridge First Certificate B pass/ESOL Intermediate 2/National 5 SQA or equivalent
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You will be invited for a test and interview where your language level and suitability for the course will be checked
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5/Cambridge First Certificate B pass/ESOL Intermediate 2/National 5 SQA or equivalent
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Gain your IELTS certificate at an approved centre. Progress to university/further study. Gain medical registration
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Sighthill Campus||Part time||23/01/24||20 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.