IMI Accreditation: Senior Paint Technician (Full Assessment)
Campus Sighthill Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Part time
Duration 2 days
Course enquiry form
What is IMI Accreditation?
IMI Accreditation is a practical, non-academic way to demonstrate individual capability, providing independent proof of current competence, knowledge and skills.
Accreditation typically takes place over one or two full days, with individuals assessed against industry agreed standards.
IMI Accreditation Benefits
IMI Accreditation was created to help the motor industry keep on top of constant, rapid changes in technology, legislation and working methods by encouraging and measuring the current competence, knowledge and ability of those working within it. By providing proof of current competence, IMI Accreditation benefits both individuals and their employers.
Those gaining accreditation receive:
- An IMI Accreditation certificate
- Inclusion on the IMI Professional Register *
- Eligibility for British Standard compliance
* The IMI Professional Register is an industry-wide database of professionals in the motor industry. The Register is promoted to consumers as a place to find trustworthy professionals who have proven their skills and competence within specialist areas of the industry.
About the IMI Accreditation Route
The Paint route is intended for technicians whose job role involves the repair of vehicles typically involved in accidents or similar incident circumstances.
The senior technician should be working in the accident repair sector of the industry and have at least three years’ experience to ensure they are familiar with the skills, knowledge and techniques required to give a fault free finish for both the preparation of panels (existing and new) and the finishing of panels to match existing vehicle paint.
What you will learn
Those wishing to achieve the IMI Accreditation will be required to complete:
Paint - Senior Technician (Full Assessment)
- Apply a Wet on Wet Primer
- Spot/Rapid Repair on a Clear Over Base Finish
- Application of a 3-Stage Pearlescent Finish
This Accreditation route includes an on-line examination which assesses the knowledge of each outcome module above.
How the course is assessed
- IMI Accreditation is a practical, non-academic way to demonstrate individual capability, providing independent proof of current competence, knowledge and skills.
- This Accreditation route includes an on-line examination which assesses the knowledge of each outcome module above.
Number of days per week
- IMI Accreditation Course Fee: £820
- New course dates available on enquiry
- The technician should be working in the accident repair sector of the industry and have at least three years’ experience.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
IMI Accreditation is valid for 3 years from the certification date. Assessment activities necessary for reaccreditation must be complete before the expiration date of the full accreditation. Should the accreditation expire beforehand, the full accreditation will have to be retaken.
The reaccreditation route consists of the following assessment activity:
Paint – Senior Technician (Reaccreditation) 1-day
- Application and Blending of a 3-Stage Pearlescent Finish
This reaccreditation route includes an on-line examination which assesses the knowledge of the outcome module above.
Please contact Steve Haldane, Business Development Advisor for course dates.
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.