IMI Certificate in Transport Maintenance: Fast Track
Campus Midlothian Campus
Qualification SCQF Level 4
Study mode Full time
Duration 20 weeks
Course enquiry form
This course will allow you to develop the necessary skills and knowledge for a career in automotive engineering. Working on light vehicles (cars and vans), you will learn about a wide range of workshop operations and vehicle systems including health and safety, tools and equipment, business enterprise, engine operation, brakes, steering and suspension operation and electrical systems.
The programme is delivered between the automotive workshops and classroom areas. All qualification evidence is compiled as knowledge and skills assignments and submitted to your ePortfolio to show knowledge and skills development.
This qualification allows you to have the flexibility to develop knowledge and skills across a variety of specialist areas to prepare you for further studies and potentially enter into a job role you desire.
What you will learn
- Health and Safety
- Vehicle Technology
- Engine Technology
- Panel Removal
- Business Enterprise
- Tyre Technology
- Steering systems
- Suspension systems
- Routine Maintenance
- Problem Solving
- Working with Others
How the course is assessed
- The course is assessed with various knowledge and skills assignments drawn from the course content and one subject-specific online examination.
Number of days per week
- 3 days per week at the Midlothian Campus
- National 4 Mathematics and English is desirable. A keen interest in the automotive repair trades is essential.
Information on Tests / Auditions / Interview Requirements
- You may be contacted by one of the teaching staff who can explain the course design and content. This may be useful to help you decide whether the course is suitable for your study needs.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- IMI Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair at SCQF 5
- IMI Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Body repair at SCQF 5
- IMI Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Accident Repair Paint Principles at SCQF 5
- Further study within Automotive programmes
- Developing skills and knowledge essential for the apprenticeship programmes
- Enhanced core skill achievement
|Campus||Study mode||Start date||Duration|
|Midlothian Campus||Full time||22/01/24||20 Weeks|
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.