IMI Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair R762 04 (SCQF 5) Modern Apprenticeship Route
Qualification SCQF Level 5
Study mode Multiple available
Duration 41 weeks
Course enquiry form
This SCQF 5 Vocational Related Qualification (VRQ) provides the essential knowledge and skills for light vehicle technicians working on a wide range of vehicles in all types of garages, dealerships and businesses involved with routine maintenance and MOT repairs. This level of programme will focus on routine maintenance and repair principles and will provide learners with a good understanding of the maintenance and repair sector.
This college course is for apprentices already employed in the automotive repair sector.
What you will learn
The SCQF 5 programme involves studying both the theory and practical aspects, including:
- Routine maintenance and repair of light vehicle engine faults
- Routine maintenance and repair of light vehicle chassis faults
- Routine maintenance and repair of light vehicle transmission and driveline faults
- Routine maintenance and repair of light vehicle auxiliary electrical fault
- Knowledge of carrying out non-high voltage operations on, near or with an electric vehicle
You will also gain a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace and other skills associated with working in a garage environment.
How the course is assessed
The assessment of this VRQ is made up of 3 components:
- The Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI) set practical tasks
- IMI set online testing
- Submissions to your ePortfolio
Number of days per week
- Attendance in college is for 8, one week blocks throughout the academic year and delivered over 2 years (Sighthill Campus)
- 1 day per week for 36 weeks, delivered over 2 years (Midlothian Campus
- Employment within the maintenance and repair sector
- Ideally Core Skills at Intermediate 2 on Numeracy, Communication, ICT, Problem Solving & Working With Others
A discussion between your employer and the Modern Apprenticeship Advisor will be necessary prior to enrolment.
English Proficiency RequirementsIELTS 5.5
Progression and Articulation Routes
- Progression to IMI Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair R763 04 (SCQF 7) Modern Apprenticeship Route
Funding & Fees
When you are thinking about starting college, one of the most important things to consider is funding and how you intend to pay for some of the costs that come with being a student.
If you are thinking about applying for a course at Edinburgh College we have provided a number of resources to guide you smoothly through this process.